CHERRY'S EXPORT SERVICES
Cherry's offers export services for dealers, distributors and individuals.
Our fees are $250 for the State Department export permit, or 3% of the value of the shipment (whichever is larger) plus our paperwork fee of $250 for the first five guns in the shipment. There is an additional charge of $30 per gun for each gun above the five gun limit. This does not include fees such as freight from Cherry's to the freight forwarder, freight to the destination, duty, customs clearance, broker's fees, storage, etc. that will be payable at the buyers end. Our fee is refundable in the event that the export application is denied.
The additional charges as mentioned above, could run anywhere from $200 to over $1,000, depending on the physical size of the shipment, the weight of the shipment, the value of the shipment and the distance it will be traveling. We ship airfreight through Airschott, Inc.
You will be liable for all charges on your end, regardless if a mistake was made by our agents or by the customs personnel.
The merchandise must be well packaged when sent to us, as we plan on using your package to send it abroad. If the packaging is not new packaging and we feel it would not be an appropriate package to send overseas, then there will be additional charges for packaging your shipment in an appropriate container.
There MUST be an invoice inside of the packaging stating who the seller is, who the buyer is and the appropriate address for each. We also will need the detailed information on each firearm: manufacturer, model number, caliber, barrel length and serial number.
This is what is required from the buyer in the foreign country:
1. The buyer must provide us with a (dated) pro forma purchase order, providing their name, address, phone number, fax number, and a detailed list of the items they are purchasing which should include manufacturer, model number, caliber, serial number and purchasing price. It is best that this be typed so that it can be more easily read. We prefer an original, not a faxed copy. This should detail who the seller is here in the U.S. along with their phone and fax numbers. We must also know the end use, like for a collection, resale or hunting or shooting.
2. The buyer must provide us with an original import certificate, or a notarized or certified copy of the same. This must be sent to us, NOT faxed, as we must have the original or certified or notarized copy in our possession.
3. If the import certificate is NOT in English, then we must have a certified or notarized translation of the import license. This must also be sent to us, NOT faxed.
4. If the country the goods are being shipped to does not require an import license, then please make note of that on the pro forma purchase order.
5. If the shipment reaches 50 guns or more, we also need to have a DSP-83 filled out. We can supply this form if it becomes necessary.
Once we receive all documents and payment, we will apply for the export permit. This can be a relatively quick approval, in three weeks, or it can take as long as one month. We have no control over how long it takes to get approval from the State Department. Recently, The State Department has been completely automating their system and there have been many bugs in the software resulting in some lengthy delays.
For more information, please contact Kevin Cherry at email@example.com
Cherry's Fine Guns
3408 West Wendover Ave. Suite N
Greensboro, NC 27407
Phone: 336-854-4182 * 24-Hour Fax: 336-854-4184
(Open Mon-Thurs 8 to 4:50, closed Fri, Sat & Sun)
E-mail us here at Cherry's!
Return to Cherry's Home Page!